When it comes to packing a nutritious and delicious lunch for your child, the bento box is a great way to go. This type of box is specifically designed for packing a variety of small foods, which makes it the perfect option for kids. Plus, there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating bento box meals.
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Sliced cucumbers, carrots, and bell peppers make a great addition, as do grapes, berries, and other small fruits.
If your child is a fan of sandwiches, try packing them in a bento box instead of a traditional lunch bag. You can also include cooked foods, such as grilled chicken or fish, or leftovers from the previous night’s dinner.
When it comes to packing the food in the bento box, try to use a variety of colors and textures. This will make the meal more appealing to your child, and they’ll be more likely to eat everything. You can use a variety of containers and tools to create a bento box meal, such as small cups, silicone baking cups, and cookie cutters. The best part about bento box meals is that they can be tailored to fit any child’s taste.
So, if your child doesn’t like a certain type of food, you can leave it out of the lunch box. With a little creativity, you can create a bento box that your child will love and that will provide them with the nutrients they need to stay healthy.
Bento Box Lunch Recipes
1. Spicy tuna rolls
Sushi rice – 3 cups, Sake – 1/4 cup, Mirin – 1/4 cup, Soy sauce – 2 tbsp, Tuna – 1/2 lb, Green onions – 2 Japanese chili pepper – 1/2 tsp, Wasabi – 1/2 tsp, Pickled ginger – 2 tbsp
1. Cook sushi rice according to package instructions.
2. In a small saucepan, bring sake and mirin to a boil. reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce and wasabi together.
4. In a large bowl, combine cooked sushi rice, green onions, and tuna.
5. Pour the sake mixture over the rice and toss to combine.
6. Divide the rice mixture among 4 rolls.
7. Pack in your kids bento lunch box with a bit of pickled ginger if they like that.
2. Grilled cheese triangles
Ingredients: 4 slices of bread1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese1/4 cup of butter, at room temperature
1. Preheat a grill pan or frying pan over medium heat.
2. Spread each slice of bread with a layer of butter.
3. Sprinkle the cheese over two of the slices of bread.
4. Top the cheese with the other two slices of bread, butter-side-out.
5. Grill the sandwiches in the pan for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
6. Serve the grilled cheese with a side of tomato soup for a delicious dinner.
3. Pesto pasta with roasted vegetables
Ingredients: 1/2 pound pasta 1 cup pesto sauce 1 roasted red pepper, diced 1/2 cup roasted broccoli, diced 1/4 cup roasted cauliflower, diced 1/4 cup roasted green beans, diced 1/4 cup roasted yellow squash, diced 1/4 cup roasted zucchini, diced 1/4 cup roasted mushrooms, diced 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
3. In a large bowl, mix together pesto sauce, roasted red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, yellow squash, zucchini, and mushrooms.
4. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
5. Add pasta to the large bowl with the pesto mixture and toss to combine.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve pasta with Parmesan cheese.
4. Fruit and yogurt parfait
4 ounces of your favorite yogurt (we recommend vanilla)1/2 cup of fresh fruit, diced (we recommend blueberries)1/4 cup of granola or cereal of your choice (we recommend granola)
1. In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, fruit and granola.
2. Spoon the mixture into a parfait glass or other serving dish.
3. Enjoy! A fruit and yogurt parfait is the perfect light breakfast or snack. It’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking. All you need is some yogurt, fruit and cereal or granola. To make a fruit and yogurt parfait, start by mixing together the yogurt, fruit and cereal in a small bowl. Then, spoon the mixture into a parfait glass or other serving dish. And that’s it! You can enjoy your fruit and yogurt parfait right away or store it in the fridge for later.
5. Chicken nuggets and fries
Ingredients 4 chicken breasts 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper 3 eggs 2 tablespoons water 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 4 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 1/2 cups french fries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
4. In another shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and water.
5. Dip chicken in the egg mixture, then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
6. Place chicken on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and bread crumbs are golden brown.
8. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
9. Add french fries to the skillet, and cook for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
10. Serve chicken nuggets and fries together.
Ingredients: -1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken -1 cup shredded cheese -1/4 cup chopped green onions -1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro -2 tablespoons olive oil -1/2 teaspoon salt -1/4 teaspoon black pepper -10 flour tortillas (8-inch) -Salsa and sour cream, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together chicken, cheese, green onions, cilantro, oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Place tortillas on work surface. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas, spreading mixture over half of each tortilla.
4. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to enclose filling.
5. Place quesadillas on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted.
6. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
8. Hummus and pita chips
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed1/4 cup tahini1/4 cup lemon juice2 cloves garlic, minced1 teaspoon ground cumin1/4 teaspoon salt
6 whole wheat pitas, cut into wedges Olive oil cooking spray reheat oven to 375 degrees F. To make the hummus, combine the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
To make the pita chips, spray each wedge with olive oil cooking spray and then sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with the hummus. Enjoy!
9. Apple slices and caramel dip
Ingredients:1 cup light brown sugar, packed1/2 cup heavy cream1/4 cup unsalted butter1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Heat the brown sugar, cream, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar has melted and the mixture is smooth
2) Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
4) Serve with apples
10. Mini pizzas
This classic pizza is always a hit with kids. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and place it on a baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce over the dough, and then top with pepperoni and cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
11. Turkey and cheese sandwich
Ingredients: -1 slice whole wheat bread -1 slice of cheese -1/2 a turkey breast -Lettuce -Tomato -Mayonnaise -Mustard -Salt
1. Toast the bread
2. Spread mayonnaise on one slice of toast
3. Add mustard, salt, and tomatoes to the other slice of toast
4. Layer the cheese, turkey, and lettuce on top of the toast
5. Close the sandwich with the other slice of toast Enjoy your healthy turkey and cheese sandwich!
12. Chicken wrap
Ingredients: 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded 1/2 cup salsa 1/2 cup shredded cheese 1/2 cup chopped lettuce 1/2 cup guacamole 4 large tortillas Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, salsa, cheese, and lettuce.
3. Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas.
4. Roll them up and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the tortillas are crispy.
6. Serve with guacamole.
13. Cheese and crackers
14. Ham and cheese rollups
1 (11 oz) can of refrigerated crescent rolls1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder1/4 teaspoon of black pepper1 (6 oz) can of sliced ham
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Unroll crescent rolls and press into a 12×9 inch rectangle.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
4. Spread mixture over crescent rolls.
5. Arrange ham slices over cream cheese mixture.
6. Roll up crescent rolls, starting at the long side.7. Cut into 12 slices.
8. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
A delicious and easy appetizer or snack, ham and cheese rollups are perfect for any occasion! Crescent rolls are filled with a creamy mixture of cheese, garlic powder and pepper, then topped with sliced ham. Rolled up and sliced, these little snacks are perfect for any party!
15. Hummus platter
Ingredients: 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed 1/4 cup tahini 1/4 cup olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin juice of 1 lemon salt and pepper, to taste 1 roasted red pepper, diced 1/2 cup chopped parsley 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives 1/4 cup chopped feta cheese
1. In a food processor, combine chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and pulse until smooth.
2. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with roasted red pepper, parsley, kalamata olives, and feta cheese.
Want more inspiration? Here are some more Hot Bento Lunch Box Recipes for work and school!
3. Serve with pita chips, toasted bread, or vegetables for dipping.
The best hummus platter recipes for any occasion!