5 easy and healthy Meal Prep Lunch Box Recipe Ideas in under 30 minutes!
These recipes are perfect for the person on the go, or for anyone who wants to have a healthy lunch without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
1. Quinoa Burrito Bowls:
These burrito bowls are easy to make and can be customized to fit your own taste. They are packed with protein and fiber, making them a healthy and satisfying lunch option.
Ingredients: 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa 1 large tomato, diced 1/2 cup cooked black beans 1/2 cup corn 1/4 cup finely diced red onion 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro 1 avocado, diced 1 lime, juiced 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon chili powder sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, red onion, and cilantro.
2. Gently fold in avocado, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper until all ingredients are coated.
3. Divide mixture evenly among four to six bowls, and enjoy!
2. Mediterranean Salad:
This healthy salad is loaded with fresh vegetables and grilled chicken, making it a perfect meal for any time of day.
Ingredients:1/2 cucumber, diced1/2 red onion, diced1/2 tomato, diced1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives1/4 cup chopped parsley1/4 cup olive oil2 tablespoons red wine vinegar1 clove garlic, minced salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:1. In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, red onion, tomato, feta cheese, olives, parsley, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Toss to combine and serve. Enjoy!
3. Turkey and Hummus Wrap:
This easy wrap is a great option for a quick and healthy lunch. The turkey and hummus provide plenty of protein and fiber, while the wrap itself is a good source of carbohydrates.
Ingredients: Hummus:1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, 1/4 cup tahini1/4 cup lemon juice1-2 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tsp. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. salt Water, as needed. Wraps: 8-10 inch whole wheat tortillas1/2 cup, hummus1/2 cup shredded lettuce1/2 cup, diced tomatoes1/2 cup diced cucumbers 1/4 cup diced red onion1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese1/2 cup olives, sliced
Hummus: In a food processor, combine chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt. Process until smooth, adding water as needed.
Wraps: Spread hummus evenly over each tortilla.
Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, diced red onion, crumbled feta cheese and olives. Roll up and serve. Enjoy!
4. Veggie and Hummus Sandwich:
This healthy and satisfying sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy lunch. The veggies and hummus provide plenty of fiber and protein, while the whole grain bread will help keep you full until dinner.
Ingredients: -1 whole grain pita bread -1/4 cup hummus -1/4 cup roasted red peppers -1/4 cup cucumber, sliced -1/4 cup tomato, sliced -1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted -1 tablespoon olive oil -1 tablespoon red wine vinegar -1 teaspoon dried oregano -1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper -1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled -1/4 cup baby spinach -1/4 cup basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread pita bread with hummus.
3. Layer roasted red peppers, cucumber, tomato, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, baby spinach, and basil leaves on hummus.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
5. Season with oregano and black pepper, if desired.
6. Cut into 4 equal portions and enjoy!
5. Salmon and Veggie Bubble and Squeak:
This easy and healthy lunch is perfect for anyone who loves salmon. The salmon and veggies are nutritious and delicious.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup frozen peas 1/2 cup frozen corn 1/4 cup olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme 1/4 teaspoon dried basil 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1 (14 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 cup milk 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme 1/4 teaspoon dried basil 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 2 tablespoons butter 1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the peas, corn, olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, basil, garlic powder and salmon.
3. Transfer to a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
4. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, salt, pepper, thyme, basil, garlic powder and butter. 6. Pour over the salmon mixture.
7. Sprinkle with green onions.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbly.